Saturday, November 5, 2016

I feel stuck



Something has to change. 

I have been feeling stuck and in need of a change. I've been working in retail since I was 16 years old. That's a long time. As my 30th birthday slowly approaches (I can't believe it!) I have been reassessing my goals and basically my entire life. I want my future to be better, happier, and healthier. 

Honestly, retail is not where I want to be. My co-workers is my second family and I love them to pieces, but every time I clock out, something is missing. Even if every single tasks on my "To Do" list was accomplish, I am left feeling unfulfilled. 

I remember feeling this way, but much worse, in my mid-twenties. What a weird stage! This time around, I have a better understanding of myself and have a clearer vision of where I would like to be. So what's stopping me?

Fear. I have gotten so comfortable with my current job that I am letting fear of the unknown stop me from reaching my goal. The other reason, waiting for the perfect time. I feel like there is no perfect time. At this stage in my life, that is a lesson I have learned time and time again.

So what do I do to get unstuck? Instead of associating a career change with uncertainty, I will think of all the opportunities that is waiting for me. Stop trying to achieve perfection, nobody's perfect and there is no perfect time to try and change yourself and life. 


How are you feeling lately? What do you do when you feel stuck?


xx Aissa