Saturday, October 22, 2016

Current beauty favorites


First, please excuse the crappy lighting. It has been pretty gloomy and rainy here and trying to get the best lighting was a challenge. With that said let's move on talking about products that I am currently loving.


Physicians Formula Super BB #InstaReady ($14.95)
I'm not a foundation wearer. Every foundation that I have tried broke me out and felt heavy. A BB cream is a great product if you want some coverage and look natural. This BB cream from Physicians Formula claims to reduce pores and minimize shine. You know, so you'll be ready for the camera (hence the name). I find that this product gives the perfect coverage without feeling heavy, has a semi-matte finish, absorbs the oil without stripping the moisture from the drier spots on your face, and provides protection with SPF 30. Down side, it only comes in 2 shades, Light and Light/Medium. 

Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Pencil ($7.99)
Now, I am very tempted to say that this is a great dupe for the coveted and highly praised Anastasia brow pencil. I wouldn't really know since I have never tried the it (I just can't bring myself to buy it with that price point knowing I will use it all up in just a few months). I have heard that NYX's micro pencil is also a very good dupe, but when I was hunting for a new brow product, the store was sold out of the NYX shade that I wanted. So I gave Maybelline a try and I actually like it. It took a few tries for me to get used to it. It's soft and you can easily mimic hairs with a light stroke. It blends well for a natural finish. I have the shade deep brown, but I feel it's a bit too dark for me. I will repurchase, but will definitely go with soft brown.


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Soft & Gentle ($33)
This is something that I have seen, read, and heard plenty of great reviews. Miriam from A Whole Lot Of Serendipity, raved about this and suggested that this is the best highlighter for me to try as a beginner. I don't contour and highlight, ever. I tend to use a lot of matte products (because I have oily skin), but I wanted to add a little bit of glow back to my face without going over the top. This product gives exactly the perfect glow, works well with my skin tone, but doesn't make me look extra oily. The few times that I wore this, I received plenty of compliments about my cheekbones. I highly recommend this!

MAC Lipstick Brave Red ($17)
I have been getting braver (hehe see what I did there?) when it comes to wearing bold lips. I own a red lipstick, but in matte finish. Hell, almost all my products are matte. Brave Red is a cremesheen so it feels comfortable on the lips. However, you do have to wear a lip liner to prevent bleeding. This is my first MAC lipstick and I have not regretted the purchase. I have only worn it twice because I can't be bothered reapplying this at work, but I love it. It makes me feel good, confident, and as if I have my ish together. 



Thank you guys so much for reading! What are you currently loving?



xx Aissa


*** The prices are in USD and based on the suggested retail price by the company. Prices will vary.