Saturday, October 8, 2016

Blogger Edition // Easy ways to clean up your blog


When I decided to start blogging again, the look and feel of the blog was my main focus. I'm someone that gets inspired by my environment, therefore, the layout and look of the blog will affect my mood and spark creativity.

Today, I will be sharing some simple CSS codes that you can use on blogger. I thought hard about posting this as the second post because the blog is so new. but these are some codes that I used to clean up the blog. Since I am using a free platform (for now) and hiring a designer is not on my budget, simple codes and tweaks makes a whole world of a difference. Though it helps to have a bit coding knowledge, as long as you know how to copy and paste, you can change the look of your blog.

Navigation Bar


The easiest way to clean up your blog is to turn off the navigation bar at the top of your page. To do this, simply go to Layout » Edit » select Off » Save.


Center Date and Post Title


To center the date of your post go to Template » Customize » Advanced CSS and paste this code.
h2.date-header {text-align: center;}

To center your post title, again go to Template » Customize » Advanced CSS and paste this code.
h3.post-title {text-align: center;}


Adjust Spacing


Sometimes there is a noticeable gap between the post title and date. To fix this go to Template » Customize » Advanced CSS and paste this code.
h3.post-title {margin-top: -5px !important;}

Or you can combine this code with the one used to center the post title. It should look like this ...
h3.post-title {text-align: center; margin-top: -5px!important;}


Remove Default Attribution


At the bottom of every Blogger template, you will notice something that may look like this ...

Simple Template. Powered by Blogger.

To remove this go to Template » Customize » Advanced CSS and again paste this code.
#Attribution1 {display:none;}


I hope these simple codes and tips helps you. Thank you for stopping by!


xx Aissa